Supporting Gifted and Talented Pupils in the Secondary School Moira Thomson
£28.99 exc. VAT
Using ideas that have been tried and tested in the classroom, this book takes a whole school approach to providing appropriate challenge and support for gifted and talented pupils in an inclusive educational setting.
Packed with practical ideas for meeting the needs of gifted pupils and containing plenty of case studies that show what can be achieved, this book also provides advice on:
- Defining and Identifying giftedness and talent;
- Strategies for resolving underachievement by gifted and talented pupils;
- Dual exceptionality and removing barriers to attainment;
- support strategies for gifted and talented pupils (in schools and in LEAs);
- different teaching and learning strategies, such as differentiation and enrichment;
- devising a tailored curriculum to meet the needs of individual able pupils.
Gifted and Talented Co-ordinators, class teachers, LEA Advisers and Learning Support Teachers looking for a whole-school approach to helping more able pupils develop their abilities to the fullest potential will find this book invaluable.