Spelling Rules, Riddles and Remedies: Advice and activities to enhance spelling achievement for all. 2nd Ed
£29.99 exc. VAT
By Sally Raymond
This new 2nd edition of Spelling Rules, Riddles and Remedies is for anyone supporting learners who are struggling to understand the world of English spellings.
This book engages learners and enhances their learning by using practical and dynamic resources to reveal the cause and effect of spelling confusions. By posing opportunities for understanding memory-related applications, learners and their spelling tutors are empowered with the knowledge and resources required to amend, improve and proliferate spelling success.
In this revised edition, bestselling author Sally Raymond offers further unique and accessible ‘Spelling Detective’ and ‘Learning Application’ activities and explores ways of empowering individual learners. Offering a wealth of effective approaches to improving spelling, chapters:
- demonstrate how spelling errors can be examined to develop solutions for individual learners;
- show how to engage pupils through use of meta-cognition;
- highlight the reasons why spelling abilities might fail;
- explore and resolve the impact of English spelling irregularities and deviations through informed discovery;
- illustrate how to use mnemonics and story-lines to link tangible prompts to confident spelling ability;
provide structured game-play and challenging practice lessons.
- boost pupils’ achievement through the strategic use of multiple processing skills.
Clearly presented and highly illustrated, this book encourages creativity and shows teachers how to adopt and adapt a variety of learning strategies to suit different needs. Targeting learners in Key Stage 2 upwards, Spelling Rules, Riddles and Remedies brings a wealth of ideas to stimulate spelling success.
Pub: Nov 2018