Romeo and Juliet – Graphic Novel
£9.99 – £21.50 exc. VAT
“But soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun!”
The fair city of Verona is troubled by two feuding families: the Montagues and the Capulets. Their hatred for each other runs deep and they regularly disturb the streets with their fighting; so when Romeo Montague meets and falls instantly in love with Juliet Capulet, it can only lead to a desperately tragic end.
Shakespeare’s wonderful play is as relevant today as it was when it was written, over 400 years ago and it is brought to vibrant life in this full-colour graphic novel.
The period is faithful to the Bard’s intentions, and there is a choice of three text versions. Each version also features fascinating insights into the background of the play.
Our range of graphic novels are a wonderful resource for dyslexic and reluctant readers as well as in a more mainstream setting. There are three versions:
- The original text version contain the full unabridged text in its original setting – Download a sample Romeo & Juliet Original Text
- The plain text version provides a translation in to accessible plain modern language to help those who find Shakespeare’s language difficult – Download a sample Romeo & Juliet Plain Text
- The quick text version is in plain modern english and has an approximate 50% word count reduction compared to the plain text version – Download a sample Romeo & Juliet Quick Text
Each version shares the same wonderfully drawn and produced set of graphics.
Also available is a Teaching Resource Book and CD that is packed with cross-curriculum activities, covering English, history, drama and art
- CD includes an electronic version of the study guide for whiteboards laptops and digital printing
- Suitable for teaching ages 10-17 (This study guide includes activities for all skill levels, providing many opportunities for differentiated teaching and for the tailoring of lessons to meet individual needs)
- Illustrated with images from the graphic novels but it can be used alongside any version of the play
- A4 size
To purchase, select text version required from drop down list below.
• 168 pages, full colour paperback
• 246mm x 168mm x 10mm
ISBN: 9781906332198 Original text
ISBN: 9781906332204 Plain text
ISBN: 9781906332211 Quick text
ISBN: 9781906332396 Teaching Resource Book CD