Inference Activities – 2nd Edition
£12.00 exc. VAT
By David Newman
The inference activities workbook is a very highly regarded and easy to use workbook that will engage students with high interest scenarios. Each scenario contains shallow level inference and deep level inference questions which help to prompt critical thinking and problem solving skills.
This book features…
- A pre-test post-test section and rating progress charts to help track student progress
- 832 inference questions, both shallow level inference and deep level inference
- Communicative Reading Strategies and graphic organizers to explore inference questions in detail
- Many of the inference activities feature illustrations combined with text
- Inference activities at sentence level featuring time, location, what, who, and why questions
- 100 paragraph level non-fiction scenarios
- 100 paragraph level fiction scenarios
- A unique illustrated fable, written exclusively for the Inference Activities 2nd Edition book: Mount Bump and the Iron Necklace
The Inference Activities 2nd Edition workbook is an easy to use manual that has been designed to engage, to prompt and activate higher order thinking skills.
Students are prompted to look beyond surface details in the text and find the often hidden meaning which children’s book authors require their readers to infer. Inference requires students to go beyond surface level meaning to unlock a text’s meaning.