DocLexi – New app to improve reading and spelling skills
DocLexi is a new app available for Apple iPhone and iPad and Android Smartphones and Tablets. It is one of the few we have seen and tested that appears really to understand learning difficulties and use the medium to deliver a truly helpful tool.
It utilises a multi-sensory approach by incorporating visual scanning and tracking, visual-spatial recall, sequencing, phonological processing, and phonics (encoding and decoding).
DocLexi covers a broad array of skills to help children learn reading and writing. The exercises involve:
- Memory Exercises
- Sequencing Tasks (letters and numbers)
- Identify Letter-Number-Sound
- Identify Syllables (number of syllables in a word)
- Blending: Identify word by sounds
- Build (Unscramble) Words using phonics patterns
- Tracking Left to Right, Top to Bottom
- Voice Recognition – auditory perceptual discrimination
The app was developed by dyslexia specialists based on their extensive experience and it was continuously tested with children during development. The games and activities are currently aimed at 5 to 7 year olds. There is a consumer version available for children and their parents, as well as a professional version for schools, tutors and other specialists. The professional version can be customised to meets learner’s needs and an administration tool allows progress to be tracked.
First class graphics and game-type realism really hold the interest.
Administration tool – (available on professional version only)
• Online-administration to configure and follow progress via PC browser
• Administer user accounts
• Define individual training plans
• Comprehensive statistics, e.g. also comparing to other children
• Alarms to easier control performance and activity
a) Time-based rules: last acitivity, last Daily Test, Training Plan step left out
b) Performance-based rules: Declining performance in control period versus a defined pre-period
[table id=6 /]
[table id=7 /]
To obtain additional licensing information and to order please email email@example.com
To purchase the consumer version please either go to the Apple or Android store.