Coloured Reading Ruler Overlay – Duo Window
£5.99 – £24.99 exc. VAT
The Coloured Reading Ruler Overlay is a coloured overlay filter and text highlighter about the size of an eight-inch ruler. It is discreet (it will fit in a pencil case) and professional-looking and can be kept in a book as a bookmark for easy storage.
- Increase reading speed by up to 25%
- Enhances reading comprehension
- Improves reading accuracy
- Improves attention span
- Narrow tinted strip for single line tracking
- Wide tinted strip to scan ahead in paragraphs.
The Duo reading ruler is made of a combination of opaque and transparent plastic that both underlines the text and highlights it in a coloured tint. Simply read the text through either of the tinted plastic strips of your selected colour, and track down the page: broad strip for paragraphs; narrow strip for single lines.
- Narrow (approx. 1cm) strip for highlighting single lines of text.
- Broad (approx. 4cm) strip for scanning ahead in a paragraph, and for studying diagrams, tables, columns of figures etc.
- Matt finish on one side; gloss finish on the other.
- Colours can be combined to create up to 30 tints.
- Ideal for all ages – nursery to adult. Office and home use, school or college.
- Easy to store; inexpensive to buy.
- Protective Film on each ruler (remove before use)
- Made from scratch-resistant recylcable PET.
- Individually sleeved.
Size of ruler: 205mm x 80 mm; the rulers can be trimmed to fit in books or even cut in half to keep in a small dictionary.
Available as packs of 5 and 10 in single or mixed colours and classroom packs of 30 in assorted mixed colours. Select from the drop down list below for the option you require.
Note that the 30 packs of 10 mixed colours contain 5 Yellow, 5 Aqua, 4 Grass, 3 Sky, 3 Pink, 2 Celery, 2 Jade, 2 Purple, 2 Magenta & 2 Orange while the 30 packs of 5 mixed colours contain 9 Yellow, 9 Aqua, 4 Sky, 4 Grass & 4 Pink.
*Please note the colours shown in the pictures may not be an exact representation of the colour in real life.
Differences between Duo Window Rulers and Plain Window Rulers:
DUO WINDOW READING RULERS are divided into a narrow reading window and a wide reading window by an opaque strip. People who have difficulties keeping their focus on the line being read find this design useful. Focus can be further confined by taping paper over the wide transparent window a quarter of an inch below the opaque part of the ruler, so that all words except the present line are completely blocked out.
PLAIN WINDOW READING RULERS are the same size, price and colours as the Duo Window Reading Rulers, but with only one window and a tracking line half an inch (1 cm) from the edge. They have no opaque strip in the middle. Confident readers who struggle with visual stress often prefer plain because there is no interruption to the flow of text.
Catalogue codes – CREYED15, CREYED01, CREYED13, CREYED05S, CREYED010S