Assessing Children with Specific Learning Difficulties A teacher’s practical guide
£29.99 exc. VAT
By Gavin Reid, Gad Elbeheri, John Everatt
This comprehensive book provides all the information that practitioners need to know about assessment in relation to their pupils with Specific Learning Difficulties. The why, how and what of assessment is addressed, whilst the link between assessment and intervention is also a key focus.
Looking at the full range of Specific Learning Difficulties, this book provides practical guidance on implementing strategies that are tried and tested for use in any classroom, whilst also acknowledging that assessment is a process involving other professionals and parents. Addressing issues and topics common in inclusive classrooms around the world, key topics covered include:
- Specific Learning Difficulties in context
- Teacher Assessment in literacy, numeracy and movement
- Motor development and co-ordination
- Attention factors in learning
- The key issues on learning differences
- Self-esteem and emotional literacy
- How to enhance skills and the self-sufficiency of teachers
Assessing Children with Specific Learning Difficulties will be an invaluable guide for classroom teachers, learning support departments, psychologists and other professionals.
Pub: July 2015